I’ve just been writing like a madman tonight. I’m not sure how people are going to take what I said, as I just went into one of those trances where I just write and write and write. It’s almost like I’m being driven. The stuff coming out makes sense, so I see no reason to try and stop it…but wher is it coming from?
You know that feeling where you kinda feel high, your vision skews so eveything looks far away, and your head is tingling? That’s what it’s like. It’s like I’m getting lost in the words, like they’re coming so fast that I can barely type fast enough to keep up (I’m a fast typer). Then I’ll pause in the middle and just blank, only left with the tingling / dizziness.
And then it goes again. See, the problem is, when I do read it after, it still makes sense. It’s almost like my brain is thinking on it’s own without my guidance (however weird that may sound). And no no – don’t even blame this on anything – I’m completely sober and this has been happening since I was a kid. Though – usually back then it would happen when I was being interrogated or lectured. Everything would gain a sort of clarity, however twist so it’s far away. Sound would tune down, without being hard to hear. Sorta muffled. However it would give me this ultra detaced felling and almost an objective view of the situation.
Then it would be over and I’d feel much better about everything.
What is this phenomenon? Has anyone else ever experienced anything like it? Is this normal?
Whatever it is I quite enjoy it. Maybe I should write more often.
Meet the Author
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals…” - Henry David Thoreau
Cian is a teacher of Yoga and Zen, and a sought after business coach for start-ups and boardroom executives alike. Known for his unique perspective on productivity, this serial entrepreneur and investor is a wealth of fresh ideas, constantly seeking new ways to 'do business better'.
Subscribe to Blog
- The Wave December 24, 2017 (3,251)
- Balance: Don’t fight your addiction May 3, 2018 (3,222)
- Open Source Enlightenment: A proposal for rapid… June 6, 2018 (3,131)
- Dualistic appearances: why self and no self can coexist May 20, 2018 (3,122)
- The one mistake nearly everyone makes during meditation August 14, 2018 (2,915)
- Amp up your Mind in just 10 minutes a day August 28, 2018 (2,806)
- Being seen through April 16, 2018 (2,767)
- Not Mine August 20, 2018 (2,698)
- Why anticipation is something to forget September 13, 2018 (2,540)
- Uncontrived spaciousness September 24, 2018 (2,303)