I feel that I need to ground myself a little. I’ve been burning so hot and bright that flying too near the sun is now a good possibility, and must stop before I burn out. Now I’m not talking about doing too much drugs or anything – it’s mostly my thoughs/feelings that have run away…I am no longer in control of where they are taking me. I belvieve that it’s all part and parcel of the same problem – however it’s only become apparent to me recently. My thoughts often shadow my feelings – this has always helped me not to anger quickly, or to forgive even quicker. But I find myself wanting to feel more and more – and finding myself feeling more and more.
At the same time it feels like I’m losing control over myself.
I don’t know which is better – more feelings and less control, or more control and less feelings. I know I know – eveyone is going to say “you must find a balance, son”.
But is there anything there worth exploring, and is balance even possible in this case?
I’m saying things that I feel and later analyze them and they don’t make any logical sense – but they still feel right. How am I going to resolve this internal conflict without detroying my”self”?
I think perhaps I will need to meditate on this. I’ve found that that is the one space that I can merge thoughts and feelings – only after you clear both out though. Man, I haven’t meditated in over a year. Perhaps this is what I need.
Meet the Author
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals…” - Henry David Thoreau
Cian is a teacher of Yoga and Zen, and a sought after business coach for start-ups and boardroom executives alike. Known for his unique perspective on productivity, this serial entrepreneur and investor is a wealth of fresh ideas, constantly seeking new ways to 'do business better'.
Subscribe to Blog
- The Wave December 24, 2017 (3,261)
- Balance: Don’t fight your addiction May 3, 2018 (3,235)
- Open Source Enlightenment: A proposal for rapid… June 6, 2018 (3,139)
- Dualistic appearances: why self and no self can coexist May 20, 2018 (3,127)
- The one mistake nearly everyone makes during meditation August 14, 2018 (2,930)
- Amp up your Mind in just 10 minutes a day August 28, 2018 (2,832)
- Being seen through April 16, 2018 (2,772)
- Not Mine August 20, 2018 (2,699)
- Why anticipation is something to forget September 13, 2018 (2,545)
- Uncontrived spaciousness September 24, 2018 (2,309)