I did a meditation session with my friend Parminder this past February. We went pretty deep, into my gut where I’ve had ongoing issues. There was this shadow/monster from my childhood, I could only recognize as jagged and red eyes, and fear/confusion/not knowing what’s going on.
Then I saw my heart all black and jagged. Hard. The hard stuff started to crack and crumble, revealing a bright diamond heart underneath. I realized all the trauma was 100% necessary to create the conditions of this path. I thanked all those who helped create my diamond heart and promised to honor the gift.
Going deeper, at this point my mind is empty and open. In my mind’s eye I saw an angel, transparent skin with veins and nerves showing and bright white feather wings. Nothing like I’ve ever seen before. I whispered compulsively “Michael” as if hearing myself say the word only. He floated in and kissed me fully then all tension and control was gone.
The pathless path has unfolded, with no goal in mind. Reality is enveloping me like a familiar blanket, guiding me without effort. No more trying.
All the things they said
It felt like darkness
Cold and hard like stone
Assertion becomes reality
Disconnected and withdrawn
Tricked into trauma
The cycle of suffering
Swallowing the lie
Mask of numbness
To hide from the truth
It builds…too much
A quest is accepted
Flying higher than mountains
There are angels here
Who grab and kiss you
Make you see the path
The darkness cracks open
Out comes a diamond
Clear and light as this mind
With a diamond heart
The path is clear
Mine for others
Meet the Author
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals…” - Henry David Thoreau
Cian is a teacher of Yoga and Zen, and a sought after business coach for start-ups and boardroom executives alike. Known for his unique perspective on productivity, this serial entrepreneur and investor is a wealth of fresh ideas, constantly seeking new ways to 'do business better'.
Subscribe to Blog
- The Wave December 24, 2017 (3,258)
- Balance: Don’t fight your addiction May 3, 2018 (3,232)
- Open Source Enlightenment: A proposal for rapid… June 6, 2018 (3,139)
- Dualistic appearances: why self and no self can coexist May 20, 2018 (3,127)
- The one mistake nearly everyone makes during meditation August 14, 2018 (2,928)
- Amp up your Mind in just 10 minutes a day August 28, 2018 (2,831)
- Being seen through April 16, 2018 (2,772)
- Not Mine August 20, 2018 (2,699)
- Why anticipation is something to forget September 13, 2018 (2,545)
- Uncontrived spaciousness September 24, 2018 (2,307)