“This weekend I watched as my relaxed state of mind was interrupted with certain events. These events left a light, but tangible color to all the experiences that followed. As I tried to escape from those conditions, I realized that in order to want to escape, I had already failed.
I was identified with the stormy conditions, hence wanting to escape. So I sat back, and noted the conditions that gave arising to the storm. I watched the storm happen, and saw how it tilted the subjective experience of completely unrelated events. Then, no escape was necessary.” – Cian
The conditions of Mind
Colored by Feeling
Like Clouds in the sky
Ever watching and noting
Sometimes bright and sunny
Others, dark and stormy
Do the clouds affect the sky?
Does the sky come and go?
Hidden, but always there
Realization arises from watching
Clouds arise from conditions
And eventually pass away
Try to grab a cloud
And it will ever be elusive
Caught chasing dreams
Sunny or dark conditions
Do not concern the sky
Only the bodies on the ground
Meet the Author
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals…” - Henry David Thoreau
Cian Kenshin is an MBA (Finance), a consultant for 32 of the top sports franchises in the US, and founder of multiple successful startups including a Vertical Farm company, is a certified teacher of Yoga and Zen, a Certified Virtual Coach by Eben Pagan, soon to be author, and a sought after Executive Coach for start-ups and boardroom executives alike. Known for his unique perspective on productivity, this serial entrepreneur and investor is a wealth of fresh ideas, constantly seeking new ways to ‘do business better’.
He's now taken his skills in entrepreneurship, and professional performance and created a system of personal performance and growth that can help you succeed in both life and business. He has recently partnered with GFIT Wellness to offer these unique sessions to the corporate world.
Check Cian out at mindhacker.com and at his podcast
Subscribe to my Blog
- The Wave December 24, 2017 (3,311)
- Balance: Don’t fight your addiction May 3, 2018 (3,267)
- Open Source Enlightenment: A proposal for rapid… June 6, 2018 (3,167)
- Dualistic appearances: why self and no self can coexist May 20, 2018 (3,154)
- The one mistake nearly everyone makes during meditation August 14, 2018 (3,035)
- Amp up your Mind in just 10 minutes a day August 28, 2018 (2,942)
- Being seen through April 16, 2018 (2,797)
- Not Mine August 20, 2018 (2,725)
- Why anticipation is something to forget September 13, 2018 (2,575)
- Uncontrived spaciousness September 24, 2018 (2,336)