Cracks in reality.
As I reach the plateau everything shimmers like an illusion.
Seeing becomes knowing.
Then, they try to bring me back.
The dance of Mara, the great illusionist.
In recognition, I think “why now, of all times”
Then I remembered how they never want to lose one of their flock.
Ooooh. So I’m close, then.
They throw at me temptations of wealth, fame, women, food… Sensation all sensation.
They are all building sandcastles on the beach, trying to get me to play.
But gentlemen… The tide is coming in.
It’s just a game.
My mind turns towards what is really important.
And to me, that’s YOU.
Come with me, if you dare….
Let’s Play a different game this time 🙂
Meet the Author
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals…” - Henry David Thoreau
Cian is a teacher of Yoga and Zen, and a sought after business coach for start-ups and boardroom executives alike. Known for his unique perspective on productivity, this serial entrepreneur and investor is a wealth of fresh ideas, constantly seeking new ways to 'do business better'.
- The Wave December 24, 2017 (3,209)
- Balance: Don’t fight your addiction May 3, 2018 (3,203)
- Open Source Enlightenment: A proposal for rapid… June 6, 2018 (3,101)
- Dualistic appearances: why self and no self can coexist May 20, 2018 (3,091)
- The one mistake nearly everyone makes during meditation August 14, 2018 (2,835)
- Being seen through April 16, 2018 (2,735)
- Amp up your Mind in just 10 minutes a day August 28, 2018 (2,728)
- Not Mine August 20, 2018 (2,689)
- Why anticipation is something to forget September 13, 2018 (2,519)
- Uncontrived spaciousness September 24, 2018 (2,289)