The moon on the water is nothing other than water. Therefore the appearance of the moon is but water.
What you “see” of the world around you is nothing other than mind. Therefore the appearances you see are mind.
We see the world as we are, not as it is. The reflection of the moon is dependent on the waves of the water. The reflection of your world is dependent on the waves of your mind.
Let go of those waves until the water is still like a mirror. See the world as it is, not as you are.
Meet the Author
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals…” - Henry David Thoreau
Cian is a teacher of Yoga and Zen, and a sought after business coach for start-ups and boardroom executives alike. Known for his unique perspective on productivity, this serial entrepreneur and investor is a wealth of fresh ideas, constantly seeking new ways to 'do business better'.
Subscribe to Blog
- The Wave December 24, 2017 (3,261)
- Balance: Don’t fight your addiction May 3, 2018 (3,235)
- Open Source Enlightenment: A proposal for rapid… June 6, 2018 (3,139)
- Dualistic appearances: why self and no self can coexist May 20, 2018 (3,127)
- The one mistake nearly everyone makes during meditation August 14, 2018 (2,930)
- Amp up your Mind in just 10 minutes a day August 28, 2018 (2,832)
- Being seen through April 16, 2018 (2,772)
- Not Mine August 20, 2018 (2,699)
- Why anticipation is something to forget September 13, 2018 (2,545)
- Uncontrived spaciousness September 24, 2018 (2,308)