Powerful meditation this morning. I was doing tonglen, a healing meditation for my friends. By the end of it I was literally crying in compassion for those I had connected with. It was such a strong connection I could feel the darkness as I pulled it in and transmuted it into light which I pushed back out.
After a while I relaxed and just allowed the connections to go. Settled into my normal wide open awareness. This is when I noticed something interesting. I could see only to the edges of my hotel bed. Everything Beyond that was shrouded in this barrier of white light.
I don’t know what that is, but I blinked and it was still there. Like I had this bubble of white light surrounding me. After noting it I settled back into the mediation.
Meet the Author
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals…” - Henry David Thoreau
Cian is a teacher of Yoga and Zen, and a sought after business coach for start-ups and boardroom executives alike. Known for his unique perspective on productivity, this serial entrepreneur and investor is a wealth of fresh ideas, constantly seeking new ways to 'do business better'.
- The Wave December 24, 2017 (3,223)
- Balance: Don’t fight your addiction May 3, 2018 (3,207)
- Open Source Enlightenment: A proposal for rapid… June 6, 2018 (3,106)
- Dualistic appearances: why self and no self can coexist May 20, 2018 (3,099)
- The one mistake nearly everyone makes during meditation August 14, 2018 (2,846)
- Being seen through April 16, 2018 (2,744)
- Amp up your Mind in just 10 minutes a day August 28, 2018 (2,741)
- Not Mine August 20, 2018 (2,695)
- Why anticipation is something to forget September 13, 2018 (2,526)
- Uncontrived spaciousness September 24, 2018 (2,292)